Blogging isn’t for everyone, but among those with a knack for writing, posting images, or creating videos, here are a handful of topics that seems to suit real estate agents well. These are topics where agents tend to have above-average expertise that could be shared through blog posts in order to build connections with prospective customers.
Before getting to the list, it’s important to remember that you don’t have to be the world’s #1 expert on a subject to make it blog worthy. A good blog post most often comes from sharing a real-world experience.
1. Cameras. You use them every day. Write about what you like or don’t like about the one you use. Would you recommend it to others?
2. Laptops. You spend a good chunk of your day using one, and are likely harder on your hardware than most due to your mobile lifestyle. Which laptops would you recommend for other mobile professionals?
3. Cell phones. It’s your lifeline. Are you happy with your phone or service? What can others learn from your real-world experience?
4. Cars. You know exactly what type of cars are best for people who live their lives on the road. Which cars are the best choices for mobile professionals? Is it the cup holders? Radio? All wheel drive?
5. Dry cleaners. Who do you trust to keep you looking professional at a reasonable price?
6. Neighborhoods. What are the draws of various neighborhoods and cities near where you live? Help people understand why previous buyers chose certain communities.
7. Coffee Shops. Let’s see some rankings of local stops. Who has the best coffee? WiFi? Cookies? Accessible power outlets?
8. Lunch spots. What are the best choices around town for people who’re trying to be healthy in a hurry? Which spots are most family friendly?
9. Parks. What is the appeal of various parks around your town?
10. Holes in the Ground. You likely know the inside scoop on new developments in your community. Fill people in. They love that kind of stuff.
What does any of this have to do with buying and selling real estate? Blogging on topics like this allows you to easily demonstrate that you are a professional who knows your market because you’re out in it every day.
Build a local audience by sharing what you know and what you learn throughout the day or week. When members of your audience are in a buying or selling mood, you’ll be top of mind.
Why tell people you’re an expert when you can demonstrate it, one blog post at a time.